Saturday, February 14, 2009

After a few months of SILENCE

Hi again all,

I'm back to blog...it has been a while since I last blog...let me see..since November I think...well now I'm back again..

The Story:

My new assignment/project is in Brunei for Brunei Shell Petroleum...I arrived in Brunei last Sunday, on the 8th of February 2009. What's the guy's name who pick us up??Hmmm...can't remember...there were four of us, Abid, Azhari, Jaja and myself. It took us almost 2 hours to get to Seria in Brunei from Miri that is because we stop to go the bank, go to the pharmacy, get some drinks and there was an issue with Abid's PR status to enter Brunei...something to do with the visa.

The road trip from Miri to Seria actually only going to take about an hour and fifthteen minutes...but because of the stops and visa thing..and yeah it took 2 hours...before we reach the boarder...we came accross a bridge...and the bridge's length is like crossing the muar bridge...and the toll for that bridge is RM10...it's DAMN expensive DUDE!!!

OK..after we cross the border the road there was wavvy(Gelombang just like the driver who pick us up said) and the scenery is like driving back to Segamat either from Tangkak or Yong Peng...to much GREEN!!!

Once we reach our apartment..the apartment's place is called F19...weird!!!The apartment was huge...it got 4 rooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen with fridge and all the things there...to keep it short...the apartment is livevable...i like it...hehe...

i got ROOM 4...it's kind off the smallest room...but its COMFY!!!we arrived at the apartment around 6pm and its getting dark...i unpacked my suit case and after 10minutes we all went out for dinner. YeeYee was downstairs to greet us and show us around Seria. They brought us to the town(the town is small even SEGAMAT punye town lagi besar) and we were given a car, we drove a Toyota VIOS that night but the next day we will be getting a Daihatsu Terios and shared it with another guy called Ash(an Indian guy from India who keeps bragging on "Last time when I used to work in IBM, oh when I used to work in Accenture and ohh...when I was in Sweden) so the car is shared between Abid, Azhari, Ash and myself. So we went for dinner at a place called Restoran Nasi Ayam WYWY. I ordered something prawn portueguese something, something and it SUCKED!!!if ever you guys wants to come to Seria, don't order that. I totally BANNED the place as long as I'm in Seria.YUCKSS!!!

Then incident happens...we got a parking compound from the POLICE!!!we parked the car at a private parking place(Metro Parking to be exact) but the law in Brunei stated that after working hours all the spaces belongs to any private parking space will be under the jurisdiction of the law enforcement(that is the POLICE) and you given a receipt not the actual SUMMON!!!you have to collect the actual SUMMON within 24 hours at the police station.

At the POLICE station, we were trying to get away with the SUMMON. The police officer said, "Kite bersikap adil kepada semua orang." So we have to pay the SUMMON!!!no 1st or 2nd WARNING!!!and it cost 50 BND. There goes my 16BND. We made a record, within 3 hours of arrival in Brunei, we already get a SUMMON. Cool ehh...hahaha...After that we took a spin around town which we can do it in 5 minutes...hahaha...then we went straight home.

No comments: