Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cuit-Cuit v.09 [History of Starbucks]

I know..I know..Why must this entry right? Why the HELL we are talking about a JEW product kan? Hey..You guys/gals ada FB bukan sama ke? OK.OK. Cukup. So you guys wants to know what I'm talking about? Do you know what's so special about this date? 03/10/2011.

It's all about this...


The first Starbucks was opened in Seattle, Washington, on March 30, 1971 by three partners: English teacher Jerry Baldwin, history teacher Zev Siegl, and writer Gordon Bowker. The three were inspired by entrepreneur Alfred Peet (whom they knew personally) to sell high-quality coffee beans and equipment. The name is taken from Moby-Dick; after Pequod was rejected by one of the co-founders, the company was named for the first mate on the Pequod, Starbuck.
The original logo can still be seen on the Starbucks store in Seattle's Pike Place Market. Obviously, it is the main attraction of this store and everyone loves the bare chest mermaid. The first Starbucks store in Malaysiaopened on 17 December 1998 at KL Plaza in Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur. To date, the company has over 115 stores all over Malaysia.

So now you know right? Why do I post this? It's because on 03/10/2011 till 03/12/2011 Foursquare came out with a badge solely for Starbucks 40th anniversary. I like to share this info with you guys :-)

FYI, my favorite drink at Starbucks is "1 hot Caramel Machiatto Venti to go". Bare in your mind  that next time YOU and I going to get a coffee there, order this for me with your pocket money.. :-)

No comments: