Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Year Where Eid and Independence Day Collide

I don't know what's the FUSS but happy Eidul Fitri and Happy Independence Day to all of you Muslims out there and Malaysian utmost.

This year I went back really early that is on Saturday 3 days before Eid. Usually it's the night before Eid. I think because it's a long holiday week. Previous years its always fall on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday but this year is different as Malaysia Independence Day falls on the second day of Eid and there is 3 public holidays in a week.

This year also I have made preparation quite early. The first week of Ramadhan I've bought my Eid clothes. 2 jubah to be exact. By the second week of Ramadhan I have paid all the zakat. A quick reminder to readers out there: "Zakat is not just zakat fitrah. You have other zakat like your income, savings, golds & jewelry etc." Don't forget about that either OKAY?

It has been 2 Eid I didn't give out any "Duit Raya" :p And so this year *Taraaaaa! Talking about "Duit Raya" I have been working for 4 years. I think I have to talk about this in another entry. Changed my "Duit Raya" by the 3rd week of Ramadhan and put it in small envelope before I went back to my Kampung. It's funny when I gave out to the kids where the mother gets over excited.LOL. They get it too. The mothers that is. LOL. Good times during Eid.

A bit sad this year that we didn't went to Johor Bahru. The tradition was always, morning Eid we will be in Batu Pahat and by noon we are off to Johor Bahru but not this year due to something that cannot be disclosed. Usually in JB we will visit my father grave in Mahmoodiah (Al-Fatihah to him and May Allah blessed him and forgive all his sins). After that we will all go to my grandmother house in Taman Pelangi. Where all my father's siblings will be there.

Next we will go to my aunts house in emm..hmm..I couldn't remember the place but I know how to get there. LOL. The last place in JB will be my sister's house in Plentong. By then it will be after Maghrib. By 8.00pm we will be going back to BP and continue visiting our relatives house. The first day of Eid will end at 12.00am. 

Also this year my other sister went back to the husband side in Taiping another plus of sadness. And she called that night of first Eid telling my mother she "Tumpah Darah" (I am lazy to search for the term in English so anyone knows just leave me a comment OKAY?LOL!). But out of those sadness there is always happiness in the midst. Overall this Eid has been great. You get to meet your cousins, we laughed we make jokes we talked we "Lepak". That is what Eid is all about. You celebrate with kindness, laughter and remember to Allah Al-Mighty.

Till Eid next year..Insyallah

No comments: