Monday, November 16, 2009

My Feet Hurts Like Crazy

The date is 15 November 2009,

4.00am..
Just came back from Bestari at Hartamas after a long "Lepaking" with friends on Teh Tarek and Life as We Live It..Got to bed at exactly when the chime starts beating at 4.00am..

Tick..Tick..Tick..6.00am..
The alarm blasted it's heavy metal sound furiously asked me to wake up and get ready..Lazily I walked towards the empty bathroom whilst the light was still flickering itself..

8.00am..
Standing inside a huge hall with my trusted earphone stuck in my ear listening to TI and JT - Dead & Gone..Why did I deserved to be out of bed early Sunday morning inside this empty huge hall..A mistake that I shall remember and make sure it will not occur again in the future..

9.00am..
Take the things back to the hotel room..leave the parked car at the convention center..and use the coupon for a free complimentary breakfast (first time I felt I was Sunny Side Up!!!)..Gone down to the hotel cafe..Ate a light breakfast (consist of Scramble Eggs, Omelet, Beef Bacon, Small Frankfurters & Pink Guava juice).

At the corner of the hotel, standing alone with a stick in my mouth..Puffing away all those smokes out of my lungs when suddenly my phone rang..Breakfast at Binjai? I declined immediately. 2 minutes later..breakfast? where are you at? Another conversation after that. I declined again.

It is strange when my Free Sunday morning previous weeks, no one called for breakfast, not even a SMS but No!When I have to work that day, 3 invitations to breakfast. Amazingkan? Oh. 3 invitations is I received 2 calls and a SMS. Respectfully I declined to all but requested them to join me at the convention center. Which I doubted very much they would come.

Time flies..11.00am..
Short briefing..Still got no idea what was I supposed to do..the event starts at 2.00pm..I was the bell boy, bus boy, garcon, delivery commettee, ushering committee and a lot of other things but most of the time just standing around like Lady Liberty without the Torch on my right hand and tabula ansata tablet on my left except it was replaced by a more 21st century equipment..A walkie talkie.

2.00pm..
Can we go in now? There were like 2,000 or more people standing right at the door to enter the hall. You can hear children screaming, crying, men and women talking, whispering, laughing and worst "Gossiping". The traditional Malay culture. No gossip = No Fun.

2.30pm..
The event started..the participants, delegates, people rushed in like mad cows in the ranch. It is not easy with people as to cows..at least cows listen to your instruction. People tend to think what they do is the best but they suck at it..I am not going to tell what happened during the 3 hours of my hand going up to my brains and swirl it around..It is bad enough to compare them to cows..Ooppss..Pardon my French..

5.00pm..
My phone vibrates..I have to again declined an offer to join a special occasion..I am truly sorry for that because I got to work..Arghhh!!!and it did not made me a Millionaire. I was forced booked about a month ago to work on the 15th..Darn it!!!I missed the FUN!!!

6.30pm..
The longest time I felt, my legs soar..my ankle were successfully been broken in 3 parts and don't let me start with my feet..The first part of the event ended..and at 7.30pm the second part (the Gala Dinner) starts. With a small briefing on what to do (which by the way is nothing much) and by the time briefing is done it was already 7.10pm..Still from breakfast till now, No! food was served for us except 2 pieces of McD chicken nuggets..

Fast Forward..10.30pm
The entertainer that night was Helmi the Gimmick..something like thatlah..He was Good at entertaining..and I spent about an hour sitting when before that running around the hall searching for Male & Female Best dressed competition. The winner for best dress got away with 2 tickets to Bali..Nice!My stomach was grumbling, my feet is..speechless to say..and still haven't ate..Just bought 1 20's of Dunhill finest in the morning and right then left with 3 sticks..Made friend with the photographer from FR & ENAR wedding..

Officially at 12.00am..
The event is Over!!!I am officially hungry, cranky, stinky, grumpy, sleepy and many more unused words that I think off. No more events like this for me i guess..Try to keep far away from it..

No comments: