Monday, May 30, 2011

Sesi TT ~ Memorial Day

Today is a Public Holiday for me and so no work for me tonight. Why are you on a Public Holiday? Malaysia is not on holiday pun? That is because I don't observe Malaysia Public Holiday, I follow United States holidays. Again why? This is due to I am supporting an American company called Hess and I am working on their time. So you understand now? Not quite. It's like this, I am working in Malaysia supporting an American company by which I am following their time zone. In Malaysia it's night time but in the States it's day time. Automatically each time they are having their holidays I too will be having my holidays. But if there is Malaysia holidays, I will not going to have a holiday. Capish?

The history behind the Memorial Day...
Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May. Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. Service Members who died while in the military service. It is also to honor Union soldirers of the American Civil War and it was extended after World War 1 to honor Americans who have died in all wars.

Memorial Day often marks the start of the summer vacation season and Labor Day its end.

No comments: